From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Baselayout 2 stabilisation todo
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:37:38
1 On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:17 AM, Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to collect some things we need to do before Baselayout 2 and
5 > OpenRC can go stable.  Up to now I have:
6 >
7 > * eselect 1.1 stable (current RC3) for the support in the rc module
8 > * a newer splashutils stable
9 > * documentation updates (http://bugs.gentoo.org/213988, thanks Jeremy)
10 >
11 > What else?  As some of you might foresee, this can be as hard as a
12 > major GCC stabilisation, so it must be well-planned and organised.
13
14 I forgot to add...
15
16 The other TODO items would be to resolve some of the roughly 60 opened
17 bugs with OpenRC and other packages supporting OpenRC correctly.
18
19 Breaking a person's ability to boot his system is the worst kind of
20 bug we can introduce and is not acceptable in the "we need to
21 stabilize this package" mindset.
24 Doug Goldstein