From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag "ps" (was: USE="gs")
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 01:21:57
1 On 06/15/2012 02:58 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> 9'ish consumers. I propose "Enable support for the PostScript language"
4 >
5 > Perhaps "ps" or "postscript" instead of the implementation-centric
6 > "gs" ?
9 > //Peter
12 Ah, you have a point here. We are already using USE="ps":
13
14 app-misc/recoll: Index PostScript files
15 app-text/evince: Enable PostScript viewer using app-text/libspectre
16 dev-lang/gdl: Add support for Postscript with dev-libs/pslib
17 kde-base/cantor: Enable rendering EPS files
18 kde-base/okular: Add PostScript support
19 sci-geosciences/gmt: Enable rendering EPS files
20
21 So how about renaming USE="gs" consumers to USE="ps" and making USE="ps"
22 global flag with the proposed description?
23
24 Of course leaving those few with extended local description, like what
25 evince and gdl has to point out the package providing the feature
26
27 That'd make it 15'ish consumers.
28
29 - Samuli