From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag "ps" (was: USE="gs")
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 01:21:57
On 06/15/2012 02:58 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Samuli Suominen wrote: >> 9'ish consumers. I propose "Enable support for the PostScript language" > > Perhaps "ps" or "postscript" instead of the implementation-centric > "gs" ? > > > //Peter >
Ah, you have a point here. We are already using USE="ps": app-misc/recoll: Index PostScript files app-text/evince: Enable PostScript viewer using app-text/libspectre dev-lang/gdl: Add support for Postscript with dev-libs/pslib kde-base/cantor: Enable rendering EPS files kde-base/okular: Add PostScript support sci-geosciences/gmt: Enable rendering EPS files So how about renaming USE="gs" consumers to USE="ps" and making USE="ps" global flag with the proposed description? Of course leaving those few with extended local description, like what evince and gdl has to point out the package providing the feature That'd make it 15'ish consumers. - Samuli