From: Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC about another *DEPEND variable
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:37:25
1 On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 20:27 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > Duncan Coutts wrote:
5 > > So my point is, I don't think it can be simply dismissed as ABI nonsense
6 > > that we don't have to deal with. Being able to SLOT on the compiler
7 > > flavour (and possibly version) would allow us to do useful things that
8 > > we cannot currently do.
9 >
10 > what about making them build what you want depending on useflags?
11
12 Aye, for the implementation flavours that's probably the way to go once
13 we have use-deps. We'll have to hold off on multiple versions of the
14 same compiler though.
15
16 It might get a bit hairy though :-)
17
18 DEPEND="ghc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ ghc )
19 hugs? ( dev-haskell/foo @ hugs )
20 yhc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ yhc )
21 jhc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ jhc )"
22
23 (I've not looked up what the use-dep syntax is, I'm just guessing)
24
25 Duncan
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list