From: Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC about another *DEPEND variable
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:37:25
On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 20:27 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Duncan Coutts wrote: > > > > > So my point is, I don't think it can be simply dismissed as ABI nonsense > > that we don't have to deal with. Being able to SLOT on the compiler > > flavour (and possibly version) would allow us to do useful things that > > we cannot currently do. > > what about making them build what you want depending on useflags?
Aye, for the implementation flavours that's probably the way to go once we have use-deps. We'll have to hold off on multiple versions of the same compiler though. It might get a bit hairy though :-) DEPEND="ghc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ ghc ) hugs? ( dev-haskell/foo @ hugs ) yhc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ yhc ) jhc? ( dev-haskell/foo @ jhc )" (I've not looked up what the use-dep syntax is, I'm just guessing) Duncan -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list