From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Thoughts about broken package handling
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 05:54:28
On 26 June 2011 17:44, Benedikt Böhm <hollow@g.o> wrote:
> these just exist because python and perl ebuilds are horribly broken. > take a look at RUBY_TARGETS or PHP_TARGETS for an example of how to do > it right. this would also fix all the failures that python and perl > introduce to binary packages.
Perl doesn't slot and is presently far too complex to slot it reliably. Ideally we could have Perl slotted, but the effort involved is huge at present. If you're willing to contribute patches to solve this problem you're welcome, but until then, perl-cleaner is really the best we can do. -- Kent perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3, 3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );" http://kent-fredric.fox.geek.nz