From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Running repoman on the portage tree
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 12:08:06
1 On 11/19/14 10:17, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > Hey devs,
3 >
4 > This is my first mail to this list. If this is out of line, let me know.
5 >
6 > I've been playing around with Jenkins (continuous integration server)
7 > recently for a couple of personal projects, including my own overlay. I
8 > thought it would be cool to run 'repoman full' on the portage tree. A
9 > couple of things surprised me:
10 >
11 > * It took over 4 hours
12 That's why I run it in parallel, takes about 45 minutes wall time like that
13
14 > * So many (~3MB output) warnings, especially "upstream parallel
15 > compilation bug"... thought autoconf handled this, but I guess not
16 > * 9233 ebuilds that use a deprecated EAPI
17
18 http://packages.gentooexperimental.org/repoman-checks/
19
20 updated per cron job, split by category. Much easier to handle :)
21
22 Feel free to work on fixing things - there's enough issues that you
23 won't run out of work this decade. Some are easy cosmetic fixes, others
24 will require rewriting the build system from scratch ("upstream parallel
25 compilation bug" ? postgresql upstream for example doesn't see it as a
26 bug, but patches welcome)
27
28 http://packages.gentooexperimental.org/repoman-current-issues.txt is a
29 collection of more interesting issues, all of these are also announced
30 to IRC by my messy hack of a shell script by the name of AutoRepoman.
31 #gentoo-bugs, #gentoo-qa on irc.freenode.net
32
33 Have fun,
34
35 Patrick