From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upstream remote-id types in package metadata
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 09:02:36
1 >>>>> On Sun, 22 May 2022, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I think we should start documenting these values somewhere. Perhaps
4 > in the GLEP, or maybe on some wiki page — particularly linking
5 > the provider in question
6
7 Wiki page sounds good. Presumably, we don't want to update the GLEP for
8 every change of the list.
9
10 > and documenting the value syntax.
11
12 Let's start with gentoo. :)
13
14 We have one (currently commented out) precedent in sys-kernel/genkernel
15 which has:
16 <remote-id type="gentoo">git://git.gentoo.org/proj/genkernel</remote-id>
17
18 This is a little verbose. I propose using github or gitlab as a
19 blueprint, so above would simply be "proj/genkernel".
20
21 Ulrich