From: Donny Davies <djdavies@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: uptime problems
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:28:55
1 Hi, devs
2
3 sys-apps/procps-2.0.6-r2/CONTENTS:obj /usr/bin/uptime
4 sys-apps/sh-utils-2.0j-r4/CONTENTS:obj /usr/bin/uptime
5
6 Yep, if you're having problems with running 'uptime' then
7 re-install sys-apps/procps and you should be good to go.
8
9 But what is the deeper fix going to be? How is the overwriting
10 of another package's file(s) planned to be handled in the future?
11
12 Karltk had an idea that only a newer version of the *same*
13 package may overwrite a file.. Not being terribly concerned
14 with what the actual solution is, I ask in hopes to get some
15 insight on where we're going in this regard.
16
17 Cheers
18 --
19 Donny