From: Markus Nigbur <pYrania@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GTK und GTK2 Use Flag
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:20:49
1 On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 17:38 +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 03:19:48PM +0100, David Morgan wrote:
3 > > So, either package maintainers would have to do this (which does seem
4 > > like something that's likely to happen) or 1 person/a few people
5 > > would have to change all the relevant ebuilds, which would require a lot
6 > > of work (and requires whoever's doing it to work out which options are
7 > > applicable to each package).
8 > >
9 > > I think the second way is the only way that this'd actually get done,
10 > > but it requires one or more volunteers. (I'd happily do it, but it's not
11 > > really possible without being a dev).
12 >
13 > I think the first way is definitely possible, but would probably
14 > take much longer than the second. Anyway, I'd be willing to help out in
15 > case people decide on way number two. But I'm not a dev either :)
16
17 The past has shown that the first way isn't a solution that should be
18 considered with the current information flow within the Gentoo
19 development team.
20 The second way is indeed hard to accomplish, but should be possible to
21 do within some days.
22 I would volunteer for the desktop-misc herded packages - which make up
23 quite a lot of the affected packages.
26 (o_ Markus Nigbur
27 //\ Gentoo GNU/Linux Developer
28 [ ]/_ http://www.gentoo.org
29 GPG Fingerprint: 9E31 187A 6C78 210C F248 EDBB F2FB A77F 707D F8C1
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list