From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: vim.eclass
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:37:48
1 Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > eclass has ChangeLog file now. any particular reason why you skipped it?
3
4 Completely oblivious to its existence, that's all :) I'll
5 (hopefully) remember it next time.
6
7 > or is it not meant to be used yet / not mandatory to use yet? since most
8 > people seem to skip it.
9
10 In my case it was entirely ignorance, and with no statistical
11 evidence to base my assertion I'll say that most other omissions
12 come from the same cause.
13
14 Though on the other hand you could argue that a Changelog for all
15 eclasses may be a bit overkill. Most eclasses are not related to
16 one another, so reading the CVS history of the changes to a
17 single file is much more useful than having a big list of
18 unrelated changes. A changelog becomes much more useful when
19 you need to make related commits to multiple files with a
20 non-atomic-commit system like CVS.
23 Jim Ramsay
24 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox/fluxbox/gkrellm)