From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New Manifest hashes and how to enable them
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 18:29:02
1 On wto, 2017-04-04 at 00:32 +0700, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov wrote:
2 > Good idea, but all the time I read it from first mention until the end of your
3 > email, I asked myself: "Who the hell on the Earth need GOST-crypto crap in
4 > portage?".
5 >
6 > The only purpose of this crypto algorythms is to use them in Russian
7 > government-related structures (includig schools, tho :-/ ) just because of
8 > "security through NIH-syndrome".
9 >
10 > So, does it mean, gentoo was (or have plans to be) certified by FSB to be
11 > "Russian national OS", or how is it possible on Earth that GOST algos was
12 > implemented in portage? :)
15 I think the point was more like it's unfair to give NSA backdoors
16 without giving one to KGB as well.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny