From: twofourtysix <twofourtysix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] src_configure
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:28:00
1 On 07/07/05, Sven Wegener <swegener@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm writing this mail to bring you a thought we had over on freenode in
3 > the #gentoo-portage channel. We would like to split up src_compile. The
4 > new src_configure should just do the econf part and src_compile should
5 > do the emake part. This represents the general 3-step[1] installation in
6 > a much better way.
7
8 Whilst you're at it... Why not split unpack up into, say, unpack and
9 prepare? Make src_unpack's default stay the same and use src_prepare
10 for patches and autotools things? This will avoid the pointless
11 duplication of the default src_unpack code that's currently used in
12 many ebuilds.
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list