From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 04:54:03
1 On Monday 24 November 2003 09:42, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 18:54, Aron Griffis wrote:
3 > > Aron Griffis wrote: [Sun Nov 23 2003, 06:47:15PM EST]
4 > > Also, as Spanky mentioned earlier, license checking should happen
5 > > immediately when starting the emerge, instead of waiting for the
6 > > particular package.
7 >
8 > We should probably add another letter to the output of emerge --pretend,
9 > perhaps an L for License.
10 >
11 > Example:
12 > [ebuild RFL ] games-fps/savagedemo-0
13
14 Presently, my patch will give an output in red of:
15 [license ] games-fps/savagedemo-0 (SAVAGE)
16
17 I've done it the same way as "blocks" and the license details are outputed
18 regardless of the --verbose option but unfortunately "license" has one letter
19 too many. Also, deps aren't checked for the unlicensed package so USE flags
20 are unnecessary at the moment, but this is something I'm working on fixing.
21
22 Regards,
23 Jason
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list