From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 02:15:09
1 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:31:08 +0300
4 > Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto kirjoitti:
6 > > > and cardoe's earlier request to the council ml, can the council
7 > > > members discuss this proposal and consider voting it?
8 > > > Does anyone have any objections to this proposal?
9 > >
10 > > I won't approve it for use in the tree before it's written as a GLEP
11 > > in order to avoid the fiasco with EAPI 1 (it's still not documented
12 > > properly). I can however approve the list of items.
13 >
14 > What about the PMS EAPI 1 documentation do you consider 'not proper'?
15
16 I was personally expecting to see some sort of section called "EAPI-1"
17 that contains something like:
18
19 "EAPI-1 consists of EAPI-0 with the following features added..."
20
21 Then an explanation of each change and the appropriate syntax.
22
23 I did see how EAPI-1 is integrated throughout the document, which is
24 valuable in a different way - but it's harder to answer the question
25 "What exactly does EAPI-1 add to EAPI-0?"
26
27 Perhaps I'll try sending you a patch with something like that, if I
28 have time, and if it would be appreciated.
31 Jim Ramsay
32 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox,gkrellm)