From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/profile.d/
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 03:07:41
1 On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 18:56 -0700, Michael Marineau wrote:
2 > I just ment that by providing profile.d (and similar things) would let
3 > users customize
4 > their profile without having to edit a gentoo installed file, making
5 > upgrades a bit
6 > easier. To prevent abuse perhaps portage could enforce a blacklist of
7 > locations that
8 > are reserved for users. (/root and /usr/local could also be
9 > blacklisted).
10
11 That's an interesting idea. At the profile level we could specify
12 INSTALL_MASK for locations like this.
13
14 Donnie