From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:37:20
1 On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:26:06 +0800
2 Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> wrote:
3 > > There are none. If anyone really wants to know, they can read the
4 > > code for their package manager of choice (or better, all of them).
5 >
6 > Then I suggest stop this discussion and make a documentation first.
7 > Seriously.
8
9 The GLEP doesn't require that everyone understand it in order to
10 progress. All it requires is that the package manager people agree that
11 it's the best way forward and that developers can follow the rules it
12 adds.
13
14 > > And no, it's not worth writing them. If people have time to spend
15 > > documenting ebuildy things, there are a lot more useful places to
16 > > start.
17 >
18 > It worths. It will influence our future.
19
20 And bringing devmanual up to date will influence it a lot more.
23 Ciaran McCreesh