From: Wolfgang Mueller <vehk@××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MANPATH handling in ebuilds
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 21:13:05
1 > I have only tested this manually with run-parts, so I shall put it in
2 > cron.hourly right now and report back later.
3
4 MANPATH is definitely not set when executing cron scripts like that. I
5 deleted all mandoc.db files and waited for them to be regenerated. Only
6 the one in /usr/share/man was generated, which means that makewhatis
7 fell back to the defaults since MANPATH was empty.
8
9 Just as I am composing this mail, the cron script that had `source
10 /etc/profile' in it before makewhatis ran, and all the databases are
11 there.
12
13 Bottom line: MANPATH is not available in cron scripts.
16 Wolfgang Mueller / vehk.de / GPG 0xc543cfce9465f573