From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policies for games dirs, new group "gamestat" for sgid binaries
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 08:29:24
1 >>>>> On Sat, 21 Feb 2015, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 > Personally, I think that controlling who is allowed to run certain
4 > types of applications via group membership is a great idea. We should
5 > introduce that approach for other applications too. How about an
6 > "editors" group? Text editors are potentially dangerous because they
7 > allow users to modify files. Therefore, the system administrator
8 > should add only trusted users to the "editors" group so they can run
9 > programs like emacs, nano, or vim from the app-editors category.
10
11 Oops, I forgot a smiley here. :)
12
13 Ulrich