From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PORTAGE_BINHOST Madness
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 05:17:27
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 04 January 2007 20:33, Gustavo Felisberto wrote:
3 >> Ok, so what is diference?
4 >
5 > probably the samething as between -k and -K
6 > -mike
7
8 A more verbose answer:
9
10 -k says "use binary packages if possible, otherwise use ebuilds"
11 -K says "use only binary packages, fail if you can't create a depgraph"
12
13 -g says "use remote binary packages if possible, otherwise use ebuilds"
14 -G says "only use remove binary packages, fail if you can't create a
15 depgraph"
18 I'd have to double check -g to make sure ebuilds are the fallback; you
19 may be able to do something like
20
21 emerge -g -k
22
23 but in this case I'm pretty sure the remote binrepo will 'shadow' the
24 local one, I'd have to ask Zac to be sure ;)
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list