From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 6 portage is out!
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 22:46:09
1 On 11/17/2015 05:09 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Fellow Developers!
3 >
4 > I have the pleasure to announce that portage-2.2.25 has just been
5 > committed and it comes with complete EAPI 6 support. This effectively
6 > means that from this moment forward Gentoo developers are permitted to
7 > commit EAPI 6 ebuilds to ~arch.
10 Thanks for all the work on this and the guide.
11
12 Is it really safe to start committing ~arch ebuilds that don't work with
13 stable portage? Might not things get wonky for stable users who have a
14 few keyworded packages?
15
16 For developers, is my stable version of repoman smart enough to make
17 sure I don't break any dependencies in this way?