From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:20:22
1 >>>>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2
3 > The policy, that as chithanh pointed out needs to be updated, is
4 > just going to cause more grief by the time you want to pick up the
5 > old files for whatever reason. Ulrich (ulm) and Christian (fauli)
6 > knows how much a pain it becomes.
7
8 <irony>
9 Oh, that was easy: We found some forgotten distfile mirrors that
10 hadn't been updated for several years. And for the files then still
11 missing, we sent a plea for help to -dev (or was it planet?) and had
12 them mailed to us by users.
13 </irony>
14
15 Thanks again to our users who had helped us at the time.
16
17 Ulrich