From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: media-gfx/pngcrush
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 15:14:17
1 On 08-10-2011 11:05:08 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > If the extra 16 days will actually accomplish something beyond just
3 > delaying libpng then we can debate the finer points of policy.
4 > However, if we're just arguing policy for its own sake then I don't
5 > see the value. Perhaps a package maintainer might have the "right" to
6 > a few weeks to fix things, but in the end you have to put the distro
7 > and its users first. You can do that either by speaking up or
8 > standing aside, but if you're going to speak up, then make sure you
9 > can follow through.
10
11 It seems to me like you say here that any policy that Gentoo has that
12 you just don't like can be ignored because, well, you just don't like
13 it.
14 We can discuss whether or not the policy is ok, but should we ignore the
15 policy for that reason? I think not.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level