From: Justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC]flag-o-matic.eclass strip-flags change to support prefix
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:01:28
On 17.06.2012 15:23, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
> 2012/6/17 Justin <jlec@g.o>: >> On 17.06.2012 14:13, Maxim Koltsov wrote: >>> Hi, >>> During prefix bootstrap i noticed that strip-flags removes -L and -I >>> flags from *FLAGS while these flags are essential for prefix >>> bootstrapping. Therefore i propose a fix for strip-flags function to >> >> Is this really necessary? I never experienced any problems which need >> this when following the guides. I looks like a hack, because something >> else is borked. > > I've just hit binutils on OpenBSD not finding libdl.so installed in > $EPREFIX/usr/lib/ because of this. > Don't tell me that OpenBSD prefix is unsupported, i'm working on > getting it supported. >
I am still not convinced. libdl.so is provided by glibc, at least on my linux system. And glibc is one of the rare packages which needs to be provided by the host system instead of being installed in the prefix. Is there something different on BSD which makes libdl.so appear inside the prefix? justin