From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stability of /sys api
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:31:33
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Olivier Crête <tester@g.o> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 01:05 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote: >>   I *DON'T WANT* "a serious framework", I want a lightweight device >> manager... period... end of story.  Stick with the unix principle of one >> app doing one thing well.  mdev is enough for the vast majority of people. > > For the people who don't want to easily use USB sticks or digital > cameras or gsm dongles or really any modern hardware, I'm sure mdev is > fine. A static /dev is even fine for you probably.
I agree. And I don't believe people "who don't want to easily use USB sticks or digital cameras or gsm dongles or really any modern hardware" qualify as "the vast majority of people". Regards. -- Canek Peláez Valdés Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México