From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ALSA 0.9.0rc1 packages committed
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:25:05
1 I just updated alsa-drivers, alsa-lib, alsa-utils, alsa-oss, and
2 alsa-tools packages to the latest version (0.9.0rc1). Could you
3 people please test them, and we should unmask the 0.9 version of alsa,
4 since, according to alsa's web site[1]:
5
6 The 0.5.x series is considered deprecated and is no longer
7 supported by ALSA developers.
8
9 One gotcha when upgrading to the new version is that portage thinks
10 that 0.9.0.1_beta10 is newer than 0.9.0_rc1. Note that the 0.9.0.1
11 version was a hack to work around portage's deficiency with handling
12 alphabetic parts in versions (it should have been 0.9.0a_beta10, but
13 that doesn't work with portage). Now that hack has backfired on us,
14 and anyone who wants to upgrade would have to specify the new version
15 for alsa-lib and alsa-utils. :-(
16
17 Footnotes:
18 [1] http://www.alsa-project.org/