From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] net-print/foomatic-filters-ppds
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 18:57:30
Hi everyone,

while I was looking at various printing bugs, I came across the package net-
print/foomatic-filters-ppds. It claims to provide the non-ps-printer ppd's for
foomatic, but the last version is from 2008.

* foomatic-db (current) contains the same printers "unprocessed"
* there is no upstream tarball for foomatic-filters-ppds
* I cannot find any documentation how to update one from the other
* Debian only has a "metapackage" for foomatic-filters-ppds, which leads to an
installation of foomatic-db and foomatic-db-engine (both current)

Does anyone of you know what is going on here?
* is foomatic-filters-ppds obsoleted by "foomatic-db and foomatic-db-engine"?
* or should we make an updated tarball? how?

Any advice would be enormously appreciated.

Cheers, Andreas

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer