From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Empty project: LXDE
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 02:16:34
1 On 08/10/2016 04:07 PM, Tom H wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 5:06 PM, james <garftd@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I have not had the time to migrate things to lxqt, despite tinkering
5 >> around with it. The next system I install, will go direct to lxqt. I
6 >> left KDE for many bloated reasons. I sure hope lxqt is light weight,
7 >> easy to setup and config and stable.
8 >
9 > If LXQT's too bloated for you, try Lumina:
10 >
11 > https://lumina-desktop.org/
12 >
13 > There's an ebuild.
17 Yep the ebuild is clean and well written; I shall put that one in my
18 EAPI-6 reference folder....
19
20 I looked at some of the code (https://github.com/trueos/lumina),
21 impressive, clean and well organized. I do like what I've seen on quick,
22 first glance.
25 I did a quick search and did not find a comparison of lumina to lxqt.
26 I'd like to see a feature comparison to lxqt; gotta ref on the
27 comparison? I'm interested but cannot commit to a timeline for some test
28 deployments. For sure this DE is aimed at security and flexibility
29 and I do like that.
30
31 thx Tom,
32 James