From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:35:46
1 El sáb, 23-06-2012 a las 13:16 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh escribió:
2 > On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:11:28 +0200
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Looks like you have now opted to use Brian's comment as a kind of
5 > > "shield" of similar and discuss only about multilib, even when this
6 > > thread was more general and we were talking to the problems shown in
7 > > recent discussions (from forcing rebuilds issue, optional deps
8 > > problems to some trivial questions like know where we can see what
9 > > things are being worked out for eapi5).
10 >
11 > For optional deps, we're close to having two proposals. That's moving
12 > forwards. Whether or not it will be in EAPI 5 depends solely upon
13 > timing, and whether the Council ends up liking at least one of the two
14 > proposals.
15 >
16 > For "forced rebuilds", there's a proposal already, and Zac has just
17 > done implementation work, and most of the PMS patch was written ages
18 > ago for kdebuild-1 and the original EAPI 3. So again, whether or not
19 > that ends up in EAPI 5 is just a matter of timing and Council approval.
20 >
21 > For "what's being worked on", you just need to look at the PMS list.
22 >
23 > So I'm really not sure what your problem is there...
26 Your cynicism, that is the problem I see