From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-im/qutecom: metadata.xml ChangeLog qutecom-2.2_p20110210.ebuild
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:53:22
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > Merely saying if we had some documentation snippet, or an end-quiz
3 > question for this, QA could more easily/faster revoke access if someone
4 > were to do this intentionally in tree. This could be minor motivation
5 > for me to write such snippet, but it's definately not near top on my TODO.
6
7 I think that something that is worth an official policy is whether in
8 fact "<" or "=" dependencies are acceptable, or in general when they
9 are acceptable. That isn't to say that we have to enumerate all
10 possibilities, but there should be guidelines.
11
12 I don't think there really is a clear consensus on this. It is
13 definitely a can of worms and I don't think black-and-white is the
14 right approach to take. While slotting libraries is often an option,
15 that gets a lot messier when you're talking about things like header
16 files.
17
18 Rich