From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-dev] Selection for KDE base-packages
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:32:38
1 Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 >
3 > The root makefile contains a variable TOPSUBDIRS which select the
4 > subdirs to build and install.
5 > We could patch this file to delete some entries in this variable.
6 >
7 > I mean that i don't want to use three editors for example. I need
8 > only one editor in KDE: kate
9 > So i wouldn't install kedit for example
10 >
11 > I don't know how to patch this. I preferred sed but it's not so easy :-(
12 >
13 > Something like this:
14 >
15 > cat Makefile | grep TOPSUBDIRS | sed s/"kedit"/""/g > Makefile
16 >
17 > If somebody could do this, thanks... ;-)
18 >
19 an easier way is to simply remove the subdirs of the unwanted packages
20 and run
21
22 make -f admin/Makefile.common
23