From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:06:27
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 07:57:52PM +0000, David Leverton wrote:
> Would anyone else like to continue with their own favourite > separate-/usr reason?
Haveing a separate /usr is wonderful, and once we finish moving /sbin/ and /bin/ into /usr/ it makes even more sense. See the /usr page at fedora for all of the great reasons why this is good. What doesn't make sense is people who do that, refusing to use an initrd or initramfs to make the whole thing work properly. It's as if people want the benefits, yet fail to want to actually use the tools required to get those benefits. It makes no sense, and if anyone continues to complain, it shows a lack of understanding. greg k-h