From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Softlevel and netwok configurations
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:05:11
1 Gustavo Adolfo Silva Ribeiro Felisberto wrote: [Tue Jun 29 2004, 07:26:35AM EDT]
2 > My problem is that on different places i need different network setups.
3 > On the road i want to start net.eth1 in dhcp mode, while at work i need
4 > eth1 with static ip and wep and at home i want to start eth1 with static
5 > ip and no wep.
6 >
7 > Is there a way to have different options with each runlevel?
8
9 Take a look at baselayout-1.10.1 and the preup/predown/postup/postdown
10 scripts documented in /etc/conf.d/net. I know it's not the best place
11 for documentation. It's still a bit in flux.
12
13 Also note that since conf.d/net is really just a bash snippet, you
14 could do tests in there and set your variables accordingly.
15
16 I'm not saying it's the most elegant thing out there, but it's a
17 start. Hopefully we'll eventually have some better support for
18 networking features in Gentoo.
19
20 Regards,
21 Aron