From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Enable FEATURES=config-protect-if-modified by default?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:51:53
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:02 AM, Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o> wrote:
> I implemented this feature in Entropy long time ago (2009 iirc) and > enabled it by default as well. > We never had a single issue. Users seem quite happy about it. >
This is also the default behavior with the cfg-update alternative to dispatch-conf - unmodified files are just replaced. Never had a problem with it. 90% of the time these are files I've never even looked at. Will the new option remove files automatically as well? I've been getting warnings on boot that I suspect are the result of ancient udev rules files that never got removed due to protection. I've been meaning to investigate, but I need to figure out which if any I did actually modify. Rich