From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due to samba project being disbanded
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:26:05
1 On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 12:18 -0700, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:04 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The samba project will most likely be disbanded shortly. While
4 > > the current project members may stay as fallback maintainers,
5 > > the following packages (being part of the Samba stack) would really use
6 > > new, dedicated maintainers:
7 >
8 > I understand disbanding projects when they're really just the old
9 > "herd" concept, but this actually looks like a coherent set of
10 > packages that a project should maintain. I don't see a bug about
11 > disbanding samba. What's the rationale?
12
13 The project's developers are no longer interested in maintaining those
14 packages, and we're checking if people would be interested in some of
15 them. It's better to have a few disjoint maintainers than no
16 maintainers at all.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny