From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] patcher
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:51:49
1 Hi,
2
3 I was wondering, wouldn't it be better to keep patches that are
4 gzipped in the distfiles directory, since cvs doesn't really work well
5 w/ binary files? I mean, I figure the only patches that should even be
6 managed by cvs are ones we create ourselves, and under normal
7 circumstances, those wouldn't be terribly large, so they could go w/o
8 being gzipped. And since most people update their portage tree using
9 rsync -z, they would be compressed before being sent over the network,
10 so that shouldn't cost too much extra bandwidth.
11
12 Pete