From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New PROPERTIES=interactive value to identify interactive packages?
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 04:29:11
1 > Please consider a new PROPERTIES=interactive setting that allows an
2 > ebuild to indicate that it uses stdin and stdout for user
3
4 I don't think anyone will disagree with this one. The one problem that I
5 see is that if the ebuild still doesn't have this value in it, portage
6 will *look* like it has hung itself out to dry. I have no idea if this
7 is easy to fix or not. If it is easy, then I still would like to propose
8 that it gets sent to the foreground when in background mode. What will
9 portage's behavior be when the user asks to be in background mode and
10 there is an ebuild in the depgraph that has PROPERTIES=interactive? If
11 it bails out, then the problem described above is moot (only if
12 maintainers are diligent).
13
14 -Jeremy