From: Arun Bhanu <codebear@g.o>
To: Daniel Armyr <daniel.armyr@××××.se>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ANN: ufed 0.3
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:50:00
On 08:55 Fri 25 Apr     , Robin H.Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:06:35PM +0800, Daniel Armyr wrote: > > OK, immediately I notice that ufed does not check if it has > > authorisation to change any of the files it is made to change. I don't > > believe one should not be able to run it as non-root, but a warning or > > some "Read only mode" sign should definately be issued. > Hmm. Good point. I think we should throw an error and not start UFED.
I've implemented this check in a subroutine for euse. When we implement the common API for both ufed and euse, we could use this subroutine. User may start ufed just to see the flags set (++-) and also to see the description of a particular USE flag. So *not* starting UFED for non-root users is not quite correct. They should see a read only UFED, with SAVE button disabled. Euse currently implements it this way. So, when non-root users access euse all the read only functions -i, -c, -d, -e is available. The -E and -D are not allowed. It does a check at the beginning and shows a warning if there is not enough permissions. Just my thoughts. Arun -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list