From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] -fbranch-probabilities optimisation
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 16:00:09
1 On Saturday 17 May 2003 16:13, Werner Van Belle wrote:
2 > On Saturday 17 May 2003 15:57, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
3 > > Aah, then I'm completely in favor of adding this to Portage :)
4 >
5 > Maybe first investigate how good this thing works. I've done a quick check
6 > and I suspect this technique doesn't work on multithreaded programs.
7
8 If the profiles can be created correctly there should be nothing stopping this
9 from working. The problem is thought that this not so much has to be
10 implemented by portage as by specific packages that benefit from this.
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze
16 Researcher