From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild, ip6tables headaches, kernel confusion, xinetd vs. tcpwrappers
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:12:01
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:06:54AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:

> autofs-4.0.0_pre9.ebuild should work. Maybe Daniel can document the naming > pattern somewhere on the net.
There's some (old but mostly correct) documentation at the beginning of /usr/lib/python/portage.py that covers how the version numbers work.
> > iptables: v1.2: can't initialize iptables table 'nat': iptables who? (do > > you need to insmod?) > > Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded > > I think that is just a kernel-configuration issue.
It could be because you need to use the iptables-1.2 kernel patch-o-matic to get ipv6 nat to work -- included with the iptables sources. Rusty says that most of these patches are in some way *buggy*, so be careful. I'm happily using ipv4 nat without any patches. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.