From: Lars Pechan <lars.pechan@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 3.1/binutils 2.12 and glibc compile problems
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:45:42
1 What's your starting point? A raw system straight from a tar-ball off a CD or
2 have you already bootstrapped once and are trying again to make use of the
3 athlon-specific optimization flags?
4
5 If the answer is 1) then it's odd since it seems quite a few people (including
6 myself) have been able to bootstrap with gcc-3.1 You may want to review your
7 optimization flags, however since the sse-stuff will change the abi and could
8 lead to various problems in the future.
9
10 If the answer is 2) then that's a known problem: search the list archives at
11 http://fireserver.ath.cx/gentoo/search/index.html for more info.
12
13 Oh, and I did bootstrap w. binutils 2.12.
14
15 /Lasse