From: Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@×××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Localization fails
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 04:15:48
1 I cannot get my keyboard/console work properly (console).
2
3 Upper case acute or grave A displays as a special symbols!
4
5 I thought the problem had something to do with kbd
6 package because I have the 1.08 and gentoo comes with 1.06.
7
8 I have tried loadkeys/setfont/keymap/consolefont of my distribution
9 (LFS) and
10 those don't work either when booting from gentoo! So, I
11 think there must be any other reason.
12
13 Booting from my system (LFS) everything works fine.
14
15 KEYMAP="/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/pt-latin1.map.gz"
16 CONSOLEFONT="/usr/share/consolefonts/lat1-16.psfu.gz"
17
18 TIA for any help.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list