From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council manifesto of sping
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:07:48
1 Petteri,
4 On 06/21/10 20:20, Petteri Räty wrote:
5 >> My manifesto up here now:
6 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~sping/council-manifesto-2010-sping.txt
7 >
8 >> - Building sites
9 >> - Active Council
10 >> - More direct democracy
11 >> - New conflict resolution team (reforming DevRel)
12 >> - Ownership and territories
13 >> - The two sides of infra
14 >> - The Git migration
15 >> - Opening up documentation
16 >> - Gentoo PR: Database and frequent news
17 >> - Internal news (i.e. increasing transparency)
18 >> - (Paid external) website re-design
19 >> - Introducing templates (e.g. for bug replies)
20 >> - Tone and attitude in Gentoo
21 >> - Other (minor) things
22 >
23 > How many hours do you expect to use weekly to accomplish all these goals?
24
25 I will not be able to do this alone - I need the rest of the council and
26 Gentoo to team up with me on this, no doubt.
27
28 A diploma thesis is coming up soon - that will take time away. Apart
29 from that Gentoo is among my top 5 focuses. The numbers of hours I put
30 into Gentoo per day will range from 0 to 16 hours.
33 >> To my understanding the conflict resolution part of DevRel is currently not working effectively.
34 >
35 > If we are not working effectively it's not because of how we are
36 > organized but due to needing more man power.
37
38 As I have mentioned before I respectfully disagree with this statement.
41 > The good thing is that
42 > people have offered to help and I am slowly training us new members.
43
44 I would be interested in details on how DevRel is training people.
45
46 Best,
50 Sebastian