From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Locale check in python_pkg_setup()
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:01:50
1 >>>>> "JC" == Jonathan Callen <abcd@g.o> writes:
2
3 JC> You can create a POSIX.UTF-8 locale right now, using the same
4 JC> /etc/locale.gen mechanism that is used for generating other locales
5 JC> (localedef will output a few warnings, but the generated locale
6 JC> works just fine from what I can see).
7
8 JC> If there are any issues with those locales besides the warnings that
9 JC> localedef outputs, I haven't seen them yet.
10
11 There will be more errors, such as:
12
13 ,----
14 | Cannot open the message catalog "man" for locale "POSIX.UTF-8"
15 | (NLSPATH="<none>")
16 `----
17
18 But it is a useful tip. Thanks.