From: Peter Fein <pfein@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] testing during emerge?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:33:12
1 Sorry if this has been covered before...
2
3 So I recently got hit by the gcc/pentium4 bug, as described here:
4 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=43373
5
6 Why this was particularly annoying is that Python (and lots of other progs) include test suites which can catch these sort of things. While this is a non-issue for binary distros, being able to run a test suite ("make test" or whatever) as part of an emerge would be pretty useful. My ebuild experience is somewhat limited (though it doesn't look that hard) though I've done a good bit of work in Python. I'd be willing to help out on such a project, if there's interest.
7
8 --Pete
11 Peter Fein
12 pfein@×××××.com