From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:16:14
1 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > So, gentoo-wiki.com went down for a awhile and took something away from
3 > our users something that is useful. Its back now, but I think we should
4 > consider having our own official wiki that our users can contribute to.
5 > We already have something very similar to this on the forums, and this
6 > would just give the correct tool to put their documentation on.
7 >
8 > I already know some people are going to hate this idea and say that the
9 > documentation could be wrong, etc, so lets look at how others have
10 > handled this situation.
11 [snip]
12
13 IMHO, the old gentoo-wiki (don't know if the new one will address it)
14 does let you down when pages are out of date.
15
16 The solution I like is the wikipedia idea: There is a tag for marking
17 pages as outdated / inaccurate, and if a page has the outdated tag for
18 too long it's removed / archived.
19
20 Much like treecleaning!
24 You know you're using the computer too much when:
25 refer to traffic lights as routers.
26 -- C J Pro