From: ALIP BUDIANTO <rabbit8888@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Recent lists mail loss
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 07:03:07
1 On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o>wrote:
2
3 > As the listadmin, I'd like to apologize for some recent lists mail loss.
4 >
5 > A spammer managed to get a subscription confirmation email send to a
6 > spamtrap address, that promptly caused the lists server to be listed on
7 > a blacklist for 12-14 hours.
8 >
9 > During that time, approximately 2000 list deliveries were rejected due
10 > to the RBL. First recorded rejection was around Feb 1 00:20 UTC, last
11 > recorded was Feb 1 13:35 UTC.
12 >
13 > I've included full log details in a blogpost:
14 > http://robbat2.livejournal.com/236942.html
15 >
16 > If you know anybody that runs similar spamtraps, please ask them to
17 > ensure list confirmation requests are NOT treated as spam.
18 >
19 > --
20 > Robin Hugh Johnson
21 > Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
22 > E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 > GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85
24 >
25 Woah so thats why I had to move the subscribe messages to the Inbox in
26 gmail. THey may be CONNECTED TO THAT SPAM LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!