From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman ebuild changes
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:12:53
1 Speaking of repoman, I'd like to add a couple more checks to it:
2
3 1. All variables listed in IUSE are mentioned in one of the src_*
4 functions (e.g. "use_with gtk"). It isn't enough to put them in
5 SRC_URI, because that means that the build will be different between
6 machines, even with the same USE flags.
7
8 2. ${D} and ${S} (and possibly others) can't be used in pkg_* functions
9 because those dirs don't exist when installing from a binary package.
10
11 Regarding #1, I plan to spam bugzilla soon with a large number of bugs
12 to get the existing ebuilds cleaned up.
13
14 Aron
17 Aron Griffis
18 Gentoo Linux Developer (alpha / ia64 / ruby / vim)
19 Key fingerprint = E3B6 8734 C2D6 B5E5 AE76 FB3A 26B1 C5E3 2010 4EB0