Gentoo Archives: gentoo-dev

From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:30:01
Message-Id: 20120615122800.GB22231@waltdnes.org
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: UEFI secure boot and Gentoo by Florian Philipp
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 09:54:12AM +0200, Florian Philipp wrote

> I guess anti-trust is not an issue since MS is not even close to having > a monopoly in ARM.
Will you be able to get an ARM machine without their UEFI? If MS ever gets huge in the ARM arena, and 95% of ARM cpus go into Windows machines, how many companies will make cpus for the remaining 5%. Remember how MS strongarmed OEMs into a "Windows tax"? -- Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>

Replies

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: UEFI secure boot and Gentoo Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>