From: Christoph Mende <angelos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Formal Adopt a Package Program
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:49:52
1 On Mi, 2011-06-22 at 18:33 +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > On 22/06/2011 06:19 ??, Dane Smith wrote:
6 > > - gpg control packet
7 > > All,
8 > > [..]
9 > > Thanks!
10 > >
11 > > [1] http://dev.c1pher.net/index.php/2011/03/c1phers-adopt-a-package-program/
12 > >
13 > Hi Dane,
14 >
15 > I tried to do the same a year ago. Have a look here. It may help you
16 > understand why that effort did not succeed
17 >
18 > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/209204
19
20 I see concerns about to-be-orphaned ebuilds where proxied maintainers
21 only care about the ebuild for a short period. This would only be a
22 problem with new ebuilds that will be added to the tree with a proxy
23 maintainer. Instead of encouraging that, this project could have a goal
24 to reduce m-n packages by assigning proxy maintainers.
25 So no new packages, only old ones revived. Sounds reasonable to me.
26
27 Although I didn't read the full thread, so please don't decapitate me if
28 there were other concerns.