From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:16:38
1 On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:55:06 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > > > > Stuck ranges into metadata.xml for which EAPIs applied?
5 > > >
6 > > > No package manager required information can be in XML format.
7 > >
8 > > Says who? Us. We can change that, if we decide it's the best answer.
9 > > =)
10 >
11 > Say the Portage people for the past lots of years.
12
13 I assume you're referring to some statements I and maybe Nick made several years ago, I don't think Brian, Jason or Zac ever really thought about it. I can only speak for myself, but those past statements were mostly due to experiences made with glsa-check and issues in the python/pyxml relationship (in 2003), things may have changed since then so those statements could be re-evaluated.
14
15 Marius
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list