From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] =dev-lang/{tcl,tk}-8.5* unmask
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:18:53
1 On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Federico Ferri <mescalinum@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > It's been long time since tcl-8.5 is sitting in tree p.masked.
6 >
7 > a number of bugs have been fixed in the past (last bugs I've fixed
8 > this evening: itcl-3.3, tix, tclpython; one I can't fix is otcl -
9 > moreover, it's damn obsolete (last commit 2 years ago))
10 > the remaining bugs in the tracker [1] are mostly applications (not
11 > tcltk's herd) with (mostly) no rdeps.
14 ++
15
16 Two years is enough. That's even more than what took Python 2.5 to get
17 out p.mask ;-)
18
19 After various heads up on the bug and on @g-dev, I think it's time to
20 unmask. Incompatible packages should be fixed ASAP (after unmasking)
21 or punted from the tree if they can't keep up with tcl/tk development.
22
23 Best regards,
24 --
25 Santiago M. Mola